Thursday, October 22, 2015

THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, et al



THE FORGOTTEN ROOM  by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig
I read this as an ebook from NetGalley and the publisher. I wish I had read a print copy. It was difficult to keep the characters straight – which one was Lucy, which one was the doctor, which one the maid, how were they connected……
That said, I enjoyed this three part novel with interconnected heroines.  Some of the secrets I guessed, some I didn’t until the big reveal.  I liked that the some items became more important (for example, the ruby necklace) as you continued to read.  The ending with Prunella was a little too contrived, but it worked for the novel.  I wondered if the three main characters were written by different authors, but decided that two must have given expert knowledge and Karen White was the “real” author (Am I right?).  I hope the finished copy has a note to answer the question.
All in all, an enjoyable read with several twists. Good character development for the women, the men were more stock characters and not as well developed.  The quick romances were a bit too quick.  The art could have been more detailed as it was an important part of the story. The artist of the “second” inferior mural was never really made clear. None of the characters seemed to have the talent or time to create this copy is such a way that it was recognizable as a copy.
4 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment